Origami Masu Box
Learn how to fold a useful origami masu box, sometimes called a blintz box, because it starts with the blintz base.
This origami box is easy to make from one sheet of square paper. You can make a lid to fit, using the same method (shown in the tutorial).
This easy origami box is a must learn origami model! It’s very satisfying to make and very useful too! It’s simplicity makes this origami box the perfect gift box, you can decorate it to suit any occasion.
Origami Masu Box Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Origami Masu Box, there is also a video tutorial available at the end (on the last page).
1. This is the back of the paper, usually white. This side will not be visible on the final box.
2. This is the front of the paper, your box will end up being this colour. Start this side up.
3. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
4. Unfold the previous step.
5. Fold the right edge over to the left edge.
6. Unfold the previous step.
7. Flip the paper over to the other side.
8. Rotate the paper.