Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
Rabbit Ear Fold
The rabbit ear fold is a common origami technique which collapses the paper and then gives a new flap or “ear” at the front. The origami rabbit ear fold is used a lot is origami fish models!
Rabbit Ear Fold Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Rabbit Ear Fold.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
1. Start with your paper like this.
2. Fold the top point down to the bottom point.
3. Unfold the previous step.
4. Take the top right diagonal edge and fold it down, aligning with the crease you made in step 2.
5. Unfold the previous step.
6. Repeat the same fold on the top left diagonal edge.
7. Unfold the previous step.
8. Create a new vertical valley fold at the top whilst pushing top left and right edges forward.
9. Flatten the paper like this.
Your Rabbit Ear Fold is Complete!
You’ve completed the Rabbit Ear Fold, why not check out our other Folding Techniques, here.
Did you make this origami? How did it go? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
Related origami: Folding Techniques