Pleat & Crimp Fold
Sometimes an origami diagram will simply say ‘make a pleat fold’. What does this mean? This simple photo tutorial shows how to make a pleat and crimp fold.
Sometimes there will be clear directions how how far to fold, and other times not. The most basic way to explain a pleat fold is a paper fan. The paper is folded one way and then the other.
Pleat & Crimp Fold Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Pleat & Crimp Fold.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
1. Starting with any sheet of paper, here we have a half square.
2. Fold the right edge to the left edge.
3. Fold the front flap back to the right, leaving a gap.
4. If you pick up the paper, you'll be able to see the 'pleat'.
4. To make a crimp fold, simply fold the paper in half from top to bottom.
5. You can pull the right end down and flatten the paper. This is how you might create something like a snake or worm.
Your Pleat & Crimp Fold is Complete!
You’ve completed the Pleat & Crimp Fold, why not check out our other Folding Techniques, here.
Did you make this origami? How did it go? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
Related origami: Folding Techniques