Learn how to fold an origami bird using this step by step tutorial. This little origami bird looks like a pigeon, parakeet or other small bird.
Kids will really enjoy making this origami bird, some will need a bit of help to finish some of the steps.
Unlike the ‘easy origami bird‘, this one is sitting or perching, rather than in flight.
Origami Bird Instructions
1. This is the front of our origami paper, most of the bird will end up being this colour.
2. This is the back of our paper, the bird's head area will be this colour.
3. Fold the left point over to the right point.
4. Unfold the previous step.
5. Fold the lower left and right diagonal edges to the middle.
6. Flip the paper over to the other side.
7. Fold the top point down.
8. Flip the paper back over to the other side.
9. Fold the top left and right points diagonally inwards.