This origami bird is unique in that it can stand up on a flat surface, it has to be a raised ledge, such as a shelf, stack of books or the edge of a table.
Use black origami paper for the crow, or if you’re making a magpie or other kind of bird you can use different coloured paper.
Origami Crow Instructions
1. This is the back of our origami paper, which is usually white.
2. This is the front of our origami paper, our crow will be this colour, start this side up.
3. We will start by making a square base. Fold the bottom right corner diagonally up to the top left corner.
(skip to page 2, step 14 if you already know the square base)
4. Unfold the previous step.
5. Fold the bottom left corner diagonally up to the top right corner.
6. Unfold the previous step.
7. Flip the paper over to the other side.
8. Fold the right edge over to the left edge.