Learn how to fold an origami dove using this step by step tutorial. This little origami bird looks like a dove in flight, it can also be considered a parrot, pigeon, parakeet or other bird.
Older kids will really enjoy making this origami dove bird, some will need a bit of help to finish some of the steps.
For this origami model, we used paper that had another colour on the other side, however you don’t need to as you never see the other side once it’s complete.
1. This is the front of our origami paper, the dove will end up being this colour.
2. Make sure your paper is flipped to the back of the origami paper, sometimes white.
3. Fold the bottom point up to the top point and crease well.
4. Fold the right point over to the left point.
5. Unfold the previous step.
6. Fold the bottom left and right points diagonally down to the bottom point.
7. Fold the top point of both flaps down to the bottom point.
8. Unfold the previous step.