Fancy Origami Heart
This pretty origami heart is made from 1 sheet of rectangular paper and is often folded with a dollar bill. These origami hearts have a circular design on the front which can hold a coin or other round object.
You can use half of a square sheet of paper for this, or use any rectangular size that is at least 2x as long as it is high. The best ratio to use is 1:2.
These lovely origami hearts make great greeting card embellishments, especially on Valentine’s Day, birthdays, weddings or anniversaries.
Fancy Origami Heart Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Fancy Origami Heart, there is also a video tutorial available at the end (on the last page).
1. This is the front of our origami paper, the main area of the heart will be this color.
2. This is the back of our origami paper, the circular design in the middle with end up being this color.
3. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
4. Unfold the previous step.
5. Cut along the crease you just created, leaving you with a rectangular piece of paper.
6. Fold the bottom left corner diagonally up to the top edge.
7. Unfold the previous step.
8. Fold the top left corner diagonally down to the bottom edge.