These pretty origami butterflies are designed by Akira Yoshizawa. They are easy to make and are lovely to decorate for spring and summer.
This origami butterfly is easy to intermediate, however kids will be fine making this, perhaps with a tiny bit of help.
Origami Butterfly Instructions
1. This is the front of the paper, our origami butterfly will end up being this colour.
2. This is the back of the origami paper.
3. Fold the top left corner diagonally down to the bottom right corner.
4. Unfold the previous step.
5. Fold the top right corner diagonally down to the bottom left corner.
6. Unfold the previous step.
7. Flip the paper over to the other side.
8. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
9. Unfold the previous step.