Origami Love Knot Letterfold
This super simple method of folding up a letter or note takes only a few seconds to complete. Often used to send love letters, the origami love knot letterfold is a useful and fun fold to memorise.
You’ll often see these origami love knots tied to trees in japan at temples and in other situations where a note needs to be secured and tied to something.
Paper size: this origami letterfold can be folded with any size square or rectangular paper.
Origami Love Knot Letterfold Instructions
1. This is the back of our paper, where you would write your note!
2. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
3. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
4. Again, fold the bottom edge up to the top edge. And continue until you have the desired thinness of paper.
5. Fold the right side over to the left to make a mark in the middle, only bother with this if you really need it to look symmetrical.
7. Using the central mark as a guide, fold the right side down so that it is vertical, the central mark will be in the very centre of the diagonal crease.
8. Next fold the left end down and behind to match the angle of the right end.
9. Take the right end and fold it diagonally over to the left.
10. Finish off by tucking the front strip behind the other one. This will secure the love knot in place.
Your Origami Love Knot Letterfold is Complete!
Now that you’ve folded an origami love knot, check out some of our other origami envelopes and letterfolds, click here.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.