Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
This origami whale is super easy to make! All you need is 1 square sheet of paper. The origami whale could also be used as a fish, dolphin or other kinds of whales.
This traditional origami whale can be made to have a split tail, which can be attained by making a single cut at the end, this step is completely optional.
Origami Whale Instructions
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
1. This is the front of the origami paper.
2. This is the back of origami paper, this color won't be seen, start this side up.
3. Starting with the paper rotated to a diamond, fold the right point over to the left point.
4. Unfold the previous step. You now have a central vertical crease.
5. Fold the lower left and right diagonal edges to the central vertical crease.
6. Flip the paper over to the other side and rotate it counter clockwise.
7. Fold the right point over to the left to meet the left point.