Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
Like a few traditional origami models, this origami turtle requires a single cut to complete the back legs.
Contrary to popular belief, a single cut (or even more than one) doesn’t turn this into Kirigami (the art of paper cutting). This is because traditional Japanese origami has no such rules like no cutting or even no glue.
Only very recently is the idea of only using one square sheet, no cuts and no glue been popular, to learn more about this, read our page about Pure Origami.
Origami Turtle Instructions
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
1. This is the front of our origami paper, our origami turtle will end up this color.
2. This is the back of our paper, which if using origami paper, is often white.
3. Fold the paper diagonally in half so that you have a triangle shape.
4. Fold the bottom right point up to the top point.
5. Fold the bottle left point up to the top point.
6. Fold both points down to the bottom point.
7. Fold both bottom points diagonally outwards as shown.
8. Rotate the paper.