Folding Paper into Fourths
Learn how to create a 4 by 4 grid of creases on a square sheet of paper. This origami folding technique is very useful for numerous origami models.
Folding Paper into Fourths Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Folding Paper into Fourths.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
1. This is the back of the paper (usually white). We will start off by making an origami cupboard fold.
2. Fold the paper in half, from right to left.
3. Unfold the previous step.
4. Fold the right edge to the central vertical crease.
5. Fold the left edge to the central vertical crease. This is the origami cupboard fold.
6. Unfold the paper completely.
7. Repeat the cupboard fold in the other direction. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
8. Unfold the previous step.
9. Fold the bottom edge up to the central horizontal crease.
10. Fold the top edge down to the central crease.
11. Unfold the previous step. You now have your origami paper folded into a 4 x 4 grid.
Your Folding Paper into Fourths is Complete!
You’ve completed the Folding Paper into Fourths, why not check out our other Dividing Paper, here.
Did you make this origami? How did it go? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
Related origami: Dividing Paper