Folding Paper into Thirds
Learn how to create a 3 by 3 grid of creases on a square sheet of paper. This origami folding technique is very useful for numerous origami models.
Folding Paper into Thirds Instructions
Scroll down to follow the photo tutorial for the Folding Paper into Thirds.
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
1. This the front of the paper, your divider will end up being this color.
2. This is the back of the paper, usually white.
3. You will need to divide the paper into thirds. This is the 'S' method, pick up the paper and make it an S shape, until the paper becomes equally divided into thirds.
4. Once it's in three equal sections, make a crease on both edges. Alternatively, get a ruler and measure thirds along the top edge of the paper with pencil.
5. Place the paper back down on the table. You can see the thirds marked on the top edge.
6. Fold the right edge over to the mark on the top left.
7. Unfold the previous step.
8. Fold the left edge over to the crease you made in the previous step.