Folding Paper into Fifths
There are many origami models, boxes especially that will call for a grid of 5 x 5. It’s not as easy as quarters or thirds but once you’ve done it a couple times it will be easy to remember.
Folding Paper into Fifths Instructions
1. Start with a square sheet of paper.
2. Bring the right edge to the left edge and make a small crease along the top edge.
3. Let the paper fall back to it's original position. You can see the small crease at the top.
4. Bring the top right corner diagonally over to the left - the top point should start at crease you made in step 2, the bottom point should start from the bottom right corner.
5. You can now see a small crease on the left side, you can create this crease by bringing the left edge over to the right, aligning with the point of the triangular flap.
6. Unfold the triangular flap and completely fold the left edge over along the small crease you just made.
7. Fold the right edge over to the left edge.
8. Unfold the previous step.
9. Fold the right edge to the crease you made in the previous step.
10. Open up the left flap.