Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo here.
Learn how to make a traditional Japanese origami ‘Yakko San’. This classic origami model can be used as a shirt, lantern or multiple Yakko Sans can be connected to form a paper garland or crown.
“Yakko” means ‘fellow’ or ‘servant’ in Japanese.
We recommend using paper that is at least 15 x 15 cm for this origami model, to start with.
You can connect these origami models together to become a pretty garland to decorate at Easter, Chinese New Years, Christmas, Tanabata or any occasion, simply use the appropriate colours for the occasion!
Origami Yakko-San Instructions
Made this origami? Leave a comment & submit your photo on the last page here.
1. This is the back of the paper, usually white. You won't see this colour on the final model.
2. Fold the bottom edge up to the top edge.
3. Unfold the previous step.
4. Fold the right edge of the paper over to the left edge.
5. Unfold the previous step.
6. Fold one corner to the center of the paper.
7. Fold the other three corners to the center of the paper.
8. Flip the paper over to the other side.